Monday, March 8, 2010

Stuffed Burgers: Tomato, Basil & Mozzerella

Like all Cablevision users I am a big fan of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives! and my mouth always waters for those episodes when Guy Fieri hits the burger joints. Even though I'm quite the picky eater I have grown to crave the experience of tasting new foods through watching the Food Network for the past few years.
So last week I was watching an episode of DDD and I saw a place that had STUFFED HAMBURGERS! I knew I had to give it a shot and instantly thought up the perfect recipe in my head ground turkey burgers stuffed with tomato, basil and mozzerella with pesto and balsamic vinegar.

What You Will Need:
1 lb. ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 petals chopped garlic
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
5 english muffins
1 small jar pesto sauce
Slice mozzerella
1 package cherry tomatos (sliced)
1 package basil
Pinch salt
Pink pepper
Balsamic Vinegar

  1. Combine ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, onion, salt, pepper. Mix with your HANDS.
  2. Form small meat patties with your hand and put them on an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet.
  3. Begin layering the tomato basil and mozzerella in any order you like. I did basil then tomato then mozzerella.
  4. Make another round of meat patties and put them on top of the burger. Make sure you close up all gaps so you can't see what's in between the patties.
  5. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until crispy at the top.
  6. While the burgers are cooking peel the english muffins apart, lightly brush the pesto sauce on one piece and put some fresh garlic and mozzerella. Bake until a little crispy.
  7. Once the muffins are toasted and the burgers are done drizzle a little bit of balsamic vinegar on the plain muffin.
*Bake at 350 degrees.

My next stuffed burger I want to try is inspired by the Melting Pot where I used to work and Yom Kippur (was my first Jewish holiday).
Ground turkey burgers again stuffed with swiss cheese and a thinly slice green apple with a honey glazed coating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment