Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm no Lauren Conrad but...


It's that time of the year again. The snow is melting, the birds are chirping and I don't have to wear boots just to step outside my apartment! Yep if you guessed summer internship / job search you are right!!! Ding ding ding.
The spring season is a creeping up and then BAM I'm stuck at home for almost four months wishing I would have secured a job sooner so I wouldn't be stuck bored out of my mind.
Last summer I was a total slacker, and totally smitten with my boyfriend and wanted a job that gave me hours where I could spend every weekend in Manhattan with Brody. This summer is a different story, I plan on making big bucks as well as intern somewhere to get some more experience. For the new decade crashed my Macbook so I need to save up for one of those bad boys and I would like to do something nice for Brody's 23rd birthday at the end of the summer so I need to get some sort of waitress job that will provide me cash fast. On the other hand I also need to find a summer internship where I can knock out for required credits (who requires 2 internships Arts Management program?). I have already heard back from HHC Marketing, a firm who specializes in Broadway marketing....can anyone else say free tickets? I have also sent in applications to Viacom, NBC, Disney Theatrical Group and Betsey Johnson. I doubt my lousy little resume will stand out...but who knows.
All I can do for now is just cross my fingers and pray that one of them chooses me and I'm not stuck serving stuck up Long Island soccer moms all summer long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment